Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Utah/Arizona Vacation

Ok. I know that many of you are already pros at this Blog thing... I am working on it. I am just proud of myself that I figured out how to invite others to view our blog.

August: The month when you want your kids to go back to school but they don't go until the end of the month. Do you remember the Staples commercial where the dad is frolicking down the isle with the song "The most wonderful time of the year" playing in the background? This is how I feel.

Anyway...to pass the month of August, I decided to take the kids on a 2 week vacation. Jason was in the middle of refinishing our hardwood floors and it was a perfect time to leave. I have always wanted to take my kids out west and see all of our family in the Utah Arizona area. Family is so important. As a kid I moved around a lot and the only thing that was the same was my family. I wanted my kids to see the people and places that were important to me as a kid. Thank you to everyone we were able to see on this trip! It truly was a great experience getting to know you better. We hope that you will come and see us!




















Our trip was a lot of fun. We started with the flight...We had a 3.5 hour lay over in Houston, TX. This was a little long. I had to beg the cart lady to give us a ride around the gate. We make it to Salt Lake after 9 hours of travel. We were able to see all of our family! I took the kids to Temple Square. It was great to see the Salt Lake temple. We also visited the Conference Center. That place is soooo HUGE! You see it on TV and you know it is big, but it is really big. All Kaitlyn cared about was where does the water fall come from and can we go to the roof and see the top. So, that is what we did.
















Ryan and I went walking early one morning. We hiked up behind his house just before sunrise. Beautiful view! I think it was 6 am!














We then headed south. We stayed with Uncle Jeff and Aunt Laurel. We arrived at the perfect time for PEACHES!!! Their trees were ripe for the picking. We made Peach freezer jam and enjoyed Peaches and home make whipped cream! YUM!






















This part of the trip was really special because we were able to see Granny. She turned 80 in Sept. and my kids have not seen her in 6 years. It was great to spend time with her and enjoy her company.
Our next stop was Phoenix. No, we are not completely crazy to go to Phoenix in August. It really wasn't that bad as long as you have a pool. We split our time with Ken and Amanda and Curtis and Marilyn. We had a great time lounging at the pool. We also saw Darryl and Stephanie and Steve and Rachel. It was really great to see everyone!

Our last leg of the trip we drove up to Flagstaff to see my Great Uncle Ken, Aunt Shirlyn and Uncle Dennis. My girls were able to see the horses and enjoy the cooler weather.


















Overall we had a great time and the kids were GREAT!

3 comments:

Marilyn J said...

Did you all plan to wear Black and White with the picture of Granny? I love it you all look so cute togehter. I think your Granny still looks good for being 80. That was a fun trip I'm glad you came to see us.

The Cragun Family said...

The girls look so grown up. Haven't we only been gone for 4 months? I love all the pics. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Beutlerbunch said...

Amy - I'm so impressed at your blogging! I loved seeing the pictures of the cute Wareham girls with familiar Utah views behind them.