Packing - OK, the packing part is so I can gripe a little. I HATE moving. To be more specific, I HATE packing. George Carlin had said the only reason we move is because we always seem to be collecting more crap. Furniture, clothes, knick knacks, toys, electronics....kids. We've been packing for almost a week and we still aren't done, but we've had a couple of interuptions. Which brings me to my 2nd event.Stones - So I came home Monday (6/16/08) from work eager to get our house packed up since I will be out of town next week when we actually move. I notice I'm having trouble going to the bathroom. So getting frustrated I drink about a pint of water. Well that's when things got real exciting. About 5 minutes later I was laid out on my bed in, what I thought, was severe pain. Amy gets on WebMD and my symptoms indicate I may have a kidney stone. We run off to Kaiser's urgent care center where they give me some pain relievers. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being
the worst), I was at about at pain level of 8. If you ever get kidney stones I want you to remember this word..."DELAUDID". This is a wonderful drug. Taken through an IV, this will knock out any pain you have and everyone in the room will be your best friend. They sent me home with some percocet. The next evening the pain returned and after 3 percocets in 2 hours, we were back to the emergency room. Please remember the word "DELAUDID". I got more of this and passed the stone just after midnight Wednesday morning.
Finally, broken. We are trying to get back to "normal" from our events from earlier in the week, when Kellie comes upstairs crying (this is not an uncommon event). She says she hurt her arm and of course this is all Kaitlyn's fault. We sent her to bed only to have her crying again about an hour later. Her arm, now swelling, does not look real good. So, it's off to the emergency room again for, you guessed it, Kellie's broken arm.
I know, I know, we can't believe it either.
So until next time,
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
Hey guys! Thanks for inviting us to your blog. It's great to see what you guys are up to. Congrats on the new house! How fun.
Email me with your email address so I can send you a invite to our blog. kinkin424@hotmail.com
ps. All the events in the past week...not so much fun. Hope everyone is doing better
Hi guys - I am now checking you out!!!
oops that was me - Lieu
Post a Comment