Those of you who know me well, know that I am an "indoor" girl. I don't like to be cold, or outside too long unless I am sitting by the pool. That being said, I some how also got volunteered to teach a class at this event. The class I was assigned to teach, was called "Discovery Walk". By the title of the activity you can tell 2 things right off the bat. 1. It is outside and 2. that it involves teaching the kids about being outside in the woods. I know many of you are lauging right now...
The activity actually involved me teaching the 2nd graders about how to use a compass and then we had to use our compass to find our next point of interest. Let me say that I have NEVER used a compass in my life and have NO business teaching others how to use one. This is what I married Jason, the boyscout. He is the expert on all things outdoors, therefore I don't need to learn them. Well, I am a trooper and went to the training and learned how to use a compass and how to teach the kids this skill.
So, I thought I would only have to teach one class. Well, I had to teach eight, 45 minute classes over the 2 day period that we were there. Outside, in December....
Well, I do know thatI am blessed and that Heavenly Father loves me, because the 2 days that I was at "camp" the weather was 50 degress during the day and only dipped to about 35-40 degrees that night. The weather could have been a lot worse, and I am grateful for that. I did end up having a good time and spent some quality time with Kaitlyn.
I will however remeber this event and bring it up to her when she is a teenager and says that I have never done anything for her. I have photographic proof that I was there.
1 comment:
You are a good Mom. Don't know if I would have been willing to go.
Post a Comment