Jason with his new baby.... (Breaking the rules already..
he is not allowed on the furniture!)
Drake decided he likes sleeping and sitting in my TV cabinet.
Week one....it has been fun! The girls and I picked him up last Saturday.
We had a 1.5 hour drive home and with potty breaks for Drake and the girls, it took us about 2.5 hours to get home. We had lots of visitors. Drake was very sad on Sunday and missed his litter mates, so we asked Debbie if she could bring Toby over. Drake was VERY happy to see him. Drake, in an effort to find his spot in our family, took it upon himself to insert himself above Kellie. We had to buy him a stuffed animal that was a little bigger than him that he could "dominate". He loves his stuffed dog and has been placed under Kellie and above the stuffed dog.
Jason has been sleeping on the couch at night so he can take "his baby" out for a potty break in the middle of the night. We hear that in a few weeks he will be able to sleep all night without a trip outside. I was a nice wife on Wednesday and let Jason get a good nights rest. Drake decided that he wanted to play from 11:30 pm to 1:15 am. He was running around the kitchen like crazy! He is getting better. Last night he was only up twice!
As many of you know all of my girls play the violin. Drake was dead asleep and Kaitlyn began practicing her violin. He jumped up, ran to the gate , and started barking and howling at her! He only does this when Kaitlyn and Kellie practice (they are still a little screechy and scratchy). He apparently has a good ear for music....He enjoys Shannon's playing.
My nanny duties are going well. ( I am Drake's Nanny from 8:30 to 3 pm) I stayed home the first few days so that he could get used to us and our house. Now I have to plan my activities around Drake. It usually works out, but I was really busy this morning. It was pouring and I misplaced my umbrella. Drake was taking his time going potty. So, I am standing outside my house in the pouring rain with a Ledo's Pizza box over my head waiting for Drake to stop rolling in the puddles and go potty! I called Jason and told him he was going to have to pay me extra today for standing in the rain!
All kidding aside, Drake is very cute and we love him! He just cracks me up! He always sleeps on his back in this weird position that can't be comfortable. We look forward to all of our new adventures!





5 comments:
Such a fun post!!! Thanks for keeping us up to date...it really does sound like a handful, but he is so cute that I'm sure it's definitely worth it! Can't wait to see him when we visit next!
Oh he is so cute! I love the picture of him sleeping in the tv cabinet. Dogs are so much fun. Your hubby and kids look so happy. He look! I can post on your blog now! You guys are great. Enjoy!
That is about the custest thing ever. To see him sleeping in the cabinet. what a lucky dog to get to be part of your family. Congrats.
Drake is incredibly lucky to have found your family. Thank you for loving him as much as we do. Maggie sends her love and gratitude!!!!
I love the pictures of the dog
Post a Comment